Sunday, February 22, 2009

Minkee

I had a brilliant idea to make the boys some little minkee quilts for in the car during winter. Like a lot of things it seemed like a good idea at the time but minkee is not my friend!

Dont let anyone ever tell you that it is easy to sew with because it certainly hasnt been for me! Thankfully i seem to have sussed it out now and it is a little bit easier but i think i prefer plain old cotton any day!

So here is one i have started, ignore the double up of the same colour. I had all my nice neat little piles after laying it out and orgainsing it and i am guessing some little fingers got in there and muddled it all up! Its not the greatest job but minkee is not my friend! Its not finished yet, still have to add some more and then do the backing - am thinking some lovely lush flannel for the back

No comments: